Study Civil Engineering in Germany – Are you planning to study in Germany and don’t know the best universities to choose?, stay calm as Scholars Poll brings to you the best Civil Engineering Universities In Germany For Masters, PhD and International Students.
Germany is one of the superpowers in the world and this reputation has made them one the sought after countries for foreigners.
When it comes to science, technology and engineering, Germany takes the lead and this has attracted to the countries promising and bright students all of the world trooping in to Germany for their studies.
Students from every part of the world troops to Germany to study Engineering and other courses on yearly basis.
Is Germany good for engineering especially for Civil Engineering?
you unsure whether Germany is the right country to study Civil Engineering, then read this article to the end.Germany is world famous for its excellent technical degrees, especially in the area of engineering. With a choice of 240 universities of Applied Sciences, offering bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate’s degrees with no tuition fees and even some courses in English, it’s little wonder that international students choose Berlin, Munich and Stuttgart over institutions in their home country.
Germany produces thousands of engineering graduates every year and
students can choose from a wide range of specializations, such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, environmental engineering or civil engineering.
Germany’s economy is one of the best in the world and the cost of living is quite affordable which makes it the best country to study. Germany is has the best universities in Europe and also the world’s oldest and best universities.
Therefore, if you recently graduated or seeking a career change or to further your education in civil engineering, you should consider studying in engineering universities in germany.
Germany tertiary institutions provide training in a variety of fields and may be the ideal option for students who want to work in an industry that requires – and benefits from – hands-on training.
Study Civil Engineering in Germany:
Engineering Science is a broad study area that incorporates all the sciences as well as mathematics and sometimes even humanities or social sciences, with engineering.
Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including public works such as roads, bridges, canals, dams, airports, sewage systems, pipelines, structural components of buildings, and railways.
The vast majority of engineering degrees are taught in German, although you may find some which are English-taught.
1. Technical University of Munich
The Technical University of Munich is unarguably the best technical and engineering school in Europe and has produced many top engineers in the world. The institution was established in 1868 and serves as a public research university in Munich.It has additional campuses in Garching, Freising, Heilbronn, Straubing, and Singapore. The technical university that specializes in engineering, technology, medicine, and the applied and natural sciences, it is organized into 11 schools and departments, and supported by numerous research centers.
How can I enroll after I have been admitted to a degree program at Technical Universitity of Munich?
1. Offer of Admission
2. Accept your Study Place
3. Complete your Data and Upload your Documents
4. Complete the Application for Enrollment and Send in your Documents by Post
5. Transfer the Semester Fee
6. Be Enrolled.Visit official Technical University of Munich for full enrollment process
STUDENT ADVISING AND INFORMATION SERVICES
Please observe the e-mail etiquette.
Personal advising sessions with General Student Advising by appointment.
2. Technical Universitity of Berlin:
The Technical University of Berlin was established in 1770 and it was the first German university to adopt the name “Technische Universität” (Technical University).The technical university serves as a public research university in Berlin and it specializes in engineering, technology, medicine, and the applied and natural sciences.
How can I enroll after I have been admitted to a degree program at Technical Universitity of Berlin?
Whether it is a bachelor’s or master’s degree or a pre-study orientation program, you can choose from a variety of options at the TU Berlin.As at every university in Germany, applying and enrolling at TU Berlin are two separate processes. You need to apply before you can enroll. The first step is to apply to Technical University Berlin. Once you have been accepted, you will be given a deadline for enrollment.
|Contact info and enquires|
Office of Student Affairs
Virtual office hours
Mon, Tue and Thu 9-11
3. Karlsruhe Institute of Technology Polytechnic:
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology was established in 1825 and the institute is one of the best schools in Germany. The institute serves as as a public research university in Karlsruhe and it specializes in engineering, technology, medicine, and the applied and natural sciences.
How can I enroll for degree program at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology Polytechnic?
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) nearly has nearly 25,000 students enrolled across the variety of campuses in Karlsruhe. The institute offers 107 programs including a bachelor’s and master’s degrees on Civil Engineering. KIT has programs in German and English language, however the programs offered in English are limited.
To apply for a program in Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, you must provide the following;
Admission Requirements for undergraduates or bachelor’s degree:
- Printed and signed application form
- School leaving certificate copy
- Copy of the official translation of school leaving certificate
- SAT score
- German language proficiency skills
- English language proficiency skills (if required)
- Official transcripts
For more enquires, visit the school website here.
4. University of Stuttgart:
University of Stuttgart was established in 1829 and the school is one of the best schools in Germany. The institute serves as as a public research university in Stuttgart and it specializes in engineering, technology, medicine, and the applied and natural sciences.
How can I enroll for degree program at University of Stuttgart?
University of Stuttgart has over 24,000 students of which 30% are international students belonging to 100+ countries across the world.
The university offers a lot of programs including a bachelor’s and master’s degrees on Civil Engineering. University of Stuttgart has programs in German and English language, however the programs offered in English are limited.
To apply for a program in University of Stuttgart, you must provide the following;
As stated earlier, University of Stuttgart is a haven for international students as it’s population comprises of foreign students.
The school is accommodating and the perfect institution for foreign students, who can apply through the institution’s application portal at the comfort of the home. Applicants must obey all instructions and undergo the enrollment process by signing the enrollment agreement, paying the Tuition fee, and submitting health insurance proof and Language proficiency proofs.
Here are requirements:
- Application fee: 70 EUR
- Supporting documents:
- Passport size photo for student ID.
- Academic certificates and transcript.
- Secondary school leaving certificate.
- Entrance exams (if required)
- Description of the contents of completed Bachelor’s study program
- Student visa.
For more enquires, visit the school website here.
5. Dresden University of Technology:
Dresden University of technology is a public research university, the largest institute of higher education in the city of Dresden, the largest university in Saxony and one of the 10 largest universities in Germany with 32,389 students as of 2018.
How can I enroll for degree program at Dresden University of technology?
The university offers a lot of programs including a bachelor’s and master’s degrees on Civil Engineering.
Dresden University of technology has programs in German and English language, however the programs offered in English are limited.
Required documents for admission;
When applying for admission to Dresden University of Technology in Germany you should prepare all required documents. Request a list of necessary documents directly from a university, as it may vary for different countries. Using our live chat, you can also ask for sample documents.
- Student visa
- Proof of fee payment
- Motivation Letter
- Local Language Certificate
- Application fee
- Supervisor Agreement Form (PhD)
- Online Application form
- Declaration for financial support
- TOEFL Certificate
- Research proposal outline (MA, PhD)
- IELTS Certificate
- Health and Life Insurance.
6. University of Duisburg-Essien
University of Duisburg-Essien is one of the youngest and largest Universities in Germany. It was established in 2003 and the school is one of the best schools in Germany. The institute serves as as a public research university in Duisburg-Essien and it specializes in engineering, technology, medicine, and the applied and natural sciences.
How can I enroll for degree program at University of Duisburg-Essien?
There are two different approaches to applying for a course at the UDE. Whether you will need to submit your online application directly to the University or through the Uni-assist portal depends totally on the degree you are applying for. However, here are some common steps to follow:
- Visit the portal here.
- – Choose a program.
- – Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- – Register or login.
- – Send the admission form.
- – Complete all the admission tasks.
- – Arrange all your travel documents.
7. Braunschweig University of Technology:
Braunschweig University of technology is one of the largest Universities in Germany. It was established in 1745 and the school is one of the best equipped schools in Germany. The institute serves as as a public research university in Braunschweig and it specializes in engineering, technology, medicine, and the applied and natural sciences.
How can I enroll for degree program at Braunschweig University of Technology?
Braunschweig University of Technology is home International Students seeking admission for bachelor’s degree and higher learning. To enroll for a program in Braunschweig, you must provide the following documents at the time of application submissions:
- – Official transcripts (evaluated by approved evaluation services or agencies)
- – German language proficiency tests
- – Secondary school diploma
- – Printed and signed application form
- – Voucher for payment of evaluation fee
- – Certified copy with the translation of Hochschulaufnahmemeprüfung or college entrance tests (if applicable)
- – Resume
- For more information, visit the school’s website here.
8. Leibniz University of Hanover:
Leibniz University of Hanover is one of the oldest Universities in Germany. The University was established in 1831 and serves as as a public research university in Hannover and it specializes in engineering, technology, medicine, and the applied and natural sciences.
How can I enroll for degree program at Leibniz University of Hanover?
To apply and get enrolled in the Leibniz University of Hanover, you need to apply online on the school’s website. Here are things to note while applying;
- Completed online application form
- Official high-school transcripts & academic records to apply for bachelor programs.
- Higher education entrance qualification (HZB) for bachelor’s admission is required.
- University entrance qualification – High school diploma
- Transcripts of records of all previous studies are mandatory for graduate programs.
- A bachelor’s degree certificate or degree in a related subject is required to apply for master’s programs.
- School Leaving Certificate –equivalent to German ‘Abitur’
- Tests to study in Germany
- Graduate programs may require a language proficiency certificate of both i.e. German and English.
- English proficiency for English-language Master Programs
- CV is mandatory for graduate programs.
- Valid Passport
- Some graduate programs may have additional requirements such as a letter of recommendation, Internship experience, or expert opinion, etc.
International student health insurance.
For more information, visit the school’s website.
9. Ludwig Maximilians University Munich:
Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich is located in Munich and is one of the oldest Universities in Germany. It was founded in 1472 and is one of Europe’s leading research institutions With its highly diversified array of disciplines, it has outstanding potential for pioneering research.
How can I enroll for degree program at Ludwig Maximilians University Munich?
Applicants are required to submit the following documents in order to be eligible for admission to undergraduate programs:
- Completed and signed application form
- Certified copy of University Entrance – Qualification
- Certified translation of University – Entrance Qualification along with original language copy
- Certified copies of degree certificates, university certificates, transcripts of records, diploma supplements, etc.
- Completed CV
- Notification of transfer credit
- Registration certificate and confirmation
- Proof of German language proficiency
- Proof of academic achievements
For more information, visit the school’s website.
10. RWTH Aachen University:
RWTH Aachen University is the largest public research institution based in Germany. It was founded in 1870 and the university has been a haven for international students. The University
is home to 47,269 students, of which 13,354 are international students belonging to 138 diverse nations worldwide.
RWTH Aachen University offers over 17 Courses that are offered in 16 academic disciplines. Some of the popular programs offered by the university include Economics and Management, Natural Sciences, Biology, Law and engineering.
How can I enroll for degree program at Ludwig RWTH Aachen University?
The university attracts students from all over the world. Application requirements differ with programs, whether they are open or restricted and the medium they are offered in. A general outline of the process is given below for those interested in securing admission at RWTH Aachen University.
- – All official transcripts of colleges and universities previously attended
- – A copy of all transcripts translated in English or German
- – Proof of the university entrance qualification.
- – Tabular Resume
- – Proof of German Language Proficiency (TestDaF, DSH, telc, Goethe Certificate)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency, for masters programs only (TOEFL, IELTS, CAE)
For more information, visit the school’s website.
- Top 20 Best Flight Schools In Germany (Private Pilot License)
- Acting In Spain: 2022 Best Acting Schools, Degree Programs, Locations and Handy Information:
- Studying Cybersecurity: 10 Best Cybersecurity Universities In The United Kingdom
- 2022 Ranking: 11 Best Online Doctoral Programs In Europe, Requirements & Fees
- 2022 Computer Science Schools in Mississippi: Top 16 Best Universities With BSc & MSc Programs
- Become A Patent Attorney in Sweden (2022 Top Schools To Acquire Degree For International Students)
- Best Pilots Schools in USA